View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #1525
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
While there are many complaints I have about my college, I do have to assign the wonderful opportunities that the school has to offer. We get a lot of guest speakers and such, but silly me, I didn't take advantage of it my first three years, perhaps partly because many opportunities I wasn't interested in, though mostly it was availability conflicts. But finally I'm going out of my way to take advantage of these events. Today I attended an informal talk with Jason Reitman (director of Juno and Thank You For Smoking) which was very interesting. A couple weeks ago, some of the cast and the director from Boondock Saints came to talk and promote their sequel. A month ago I attended the New Hampshire Film Festival, shamefully my first film fest, and it was quite the experience. It makes me wish I took advantage of these things earlier.

And it sort of makes up for my failing miserably at getting involved with student organisations, which all seem to involve either auditions I can't get into or time commitments that I can't commit to. Not to mention, being the quiet person I am, it's much harder to get involved with these things after freshman year since cliques have already formed. *hates clubs because they're cliquey*