View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #33
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Karl and Jessamy both tried to wake Edwin, but he did not stir. Even Duke gave the boy a little nudge, and sitting back down gave a little whine to show he was not comfortable with the situation. His nose twitched frantically, and he leaned toward Edwin again, sniffing confusedly. It was a boy, but it smelled like a skunk!

"Exposure?" Karl repeated absently. "I...I don't know, might be. He might have caught a chill out here, I suppose. He seemed to be thirsty at least, maybe he just needs some warm food and drink..." He sounded like he was trying to convince himself. It was foolish but he felt his skin prickling as every one of his hairs stood on end, and not from the cold.

At Jessamy's question, which she asked in a bit of a choked voice, Karl smiled at her. He couldn't just stand around and fret, he had to take care of these two. Putting his thoughts into easing Jessamy's worry kept him from worrying too much himself.

"It will be alright; he's breathing fine. We'll get him back...it may be slow going but I can carry him."

It was not the most comfortable way to travel, but Karl picked up Edwin's limp body to put him over his shoulder, letting out an "oomph" as he did so. It might be slow going indeed...

"You mind carrying the lantern now Jessamy?" he asked, hoping she would not mind being given something to do, something to focus on...and hopefully just having the light with her would make her feel a little more secure in this place, especially as twilight was fading into night. The days were not long enough this time of year.

"Let's try to cut straight to the road and get back to town to see if everyone else has made it home already. I wouldn't be surprised if there are already some out looking for you kids, especially with it getting dark. Hopefully if there are people searching we'll run into them along the road."

Karl looked around him. He knew what direction the Old Forest was in even if he could not make out any of the trees on its edge. It was strange; it was not so dark yet, but everything already seemed to be a little hazy. He got his bearings and headed in what he determined to be south toward the East Road.

Last edited by Durelin; 07-27-2010 at 07:17 PM.