View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 12:19 PM   #63
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Estelyn and Morien emerged from his private room, still speaking in low tones, just as Mellonin attempted to open the door to the Inn. The Innkeeper hastened to help her and Estelyn laughed as she caught several packages that threatened to fall from the girl’s grasp.

“My lady Estelyn!” Mellonin gasped. “You have come!”

“Indeed I have,” the princess smiled. “How could I let you go without hearing for myself this astonishing tale! Come, you shall bring your packages to a safe place and then we will have a glass of wine together while you tell me all.”

And so it came that they sat at the table in the kitchen, Estelyn listening intently while Mellonin related what she had heard of her brother and how she hoped to find him. The girl looked at her somewhat apprehensively. “Morien has said that he is willing to let me go; will you release me from your service as well?” she asked anxiously.

“I shall not release you,” Estelyn answered.

Mellonin’s eyes widened. “But how can I find my brother then? Perhaps he is in trouble and needs my help!”

“Do not worry,” Estelyn smiled reassuringly. “You may go, and that with my blessing. But I ask you to continue the task that you began for me here at the Inn. Write your story and others that you hear in the course of your travels. When you return to the White City, they will be added to the library.”

The girl breathed a sigh of relief. “Of course, my lady – I will be happy to do that!”

“I have brought you some writing material for the journey,” the Head Loremistress of Minas Tirith continued. “Do you have all other provisions and equipment that you need?”

“We have almost everything,” a deep voice answered. Their heads turned to see the Ranger entering the room. Mellonin was not quite sure, but it seemed to her that a flicker of recognition was visible in Estelyn’s eyes when she saw Ravion. “Raefindan should be back soon with the things he procured.” The princess’ eyebrow raised slightly as she saw the young man who followed in his wake.

Mellonin hastened to introduce her companions, then asked, “You have travelled often; what good counsel would you give me for my journey?”

“I can give you none,” came the answer promptly. “I do not have the gift of foresight, and you yourself do not know where your path will lead. You are wise not to attempt to travel alone; good, dependable (again, her eyes strayed briefly to Aeron) companions are needed on such a quest. What you need to know already lies within you, and I can add nothing to that now, save my good wishes. May you have success in finding your brother, and may you return safely!”

With those last words, Estelyn embraced Mellonin briefly, much to her surprise, then turned to clasp first Ravion’s hand, then Aeron’s and that of Raefindan, who had entered the room with his burdens. There was a moment of awkward silence when she left, then they all began talking at once.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 04-01-2004 at 02:43 PM.