View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 PM   #61
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Gwathagor - I believe someone who's travelled a lot is definitely very useful for the party; having a map is one thing, but with Brown as a leader they could have the feeling of safety - when he has been at certain places.

Concerning the joining of my character, Michael, I have certain draft in my mind, which can be altered to fit the flow of the events. As I said before, I would like to introduce him some time later, let's say after the party crosses the bridge. So there is a long time still to talk about that unless you really want to know that; I can just tell you for now that I have a good idea about why and how he is going to join the party. Maybe the only question that could have some impact at the beginning will be why the party should want him.

One thing I thought about was that if the party lacked anything important (equipment...), Mishka could get it for them from his grandfather. It could be anything from supplies to a pony - just if you think there is something that the characters could not be able to obtain, but wanted to, you may keep their problem open for this occassion. If I use the pony as an example, then it is a thing the party could utilise when they leave the "civilisation" if they don't want to carry all the supplies themselves. But it's a thing that is quite expensive and maybe none of the characters can afford it; either do not have it at all, or those whose families have a pony cannot take the pony because the rest of the family need him etc. Michael's grandpa is old and does not need anything, so he can lend it to them. Something like this could be the reason for the party to accept Michael, so what do you say? If you think it's good, then you may "reserve" something the company lacks for this purpose.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories