View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #72
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Veery nice pictures, skip! Although here shows, as always, the difference in imagination among different people, because I wouldn't label the pics like you did, although I'd definitely label them as from Middle-Earth. But: #1 - not Rivendell, but obvious Buckland; #2 - Barrow-Downs, #3 - Hollin (or these barren lands north of it), #4 - some forest near Mitheithel, simply the scene from The Hobbit just before meeting the trolls.

But once again: fabulous!
Thanks, Legate. When I was in St. Jean Pied de Port I didn't think of ME at all but looking at that picture the first thing that popped up in my head was Rivendell. Of course, Tolkien never described Elrond's abode in any detail neither architechturally or geografically but this is much like my mental image of the place. Buckland? Nah!

Anyway, here's another picture from another recent holiday. Obviously the description isn't dead on here either but I certainly think it's Middle Earth-ish enough.

View of the Grey Havens
: (Edit: I forgot to mention, this is a pic from the island Senya in the north of Norway)

Last edited by skip spence; 09-05-2008 at 08:48 AM.
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote