View Single Post
Old 12-28-2002, 02:42 AM   #23
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Findereg shoved Taurion aside in his haste to see what the commotion was about and stopped short on the sight of Findorfin lying unconscious in a none-too-happy Aenara's arms. Unconscious? No, passed out. An Elf who had never learned to hold his liquor...with an aggrieved but resigned sigh, Findereg untangled Findorfin and Aenara and propped the trader back on his horse. He turned around and found Taurion still standing there, looking confused and a little sleepy himself. Aenara had (wisely) disappeared.

"Ah, Taurion, be a good lad and fetch me some rope, will you?"

Taurion looked confused. "Why do you want rope?"

"Look, don't argue. I need to to tie Findorfin here back onto the horse so we can get moving. We don't have time to wait around until he sobers up enough to ride."

"Oh, all right." Taurion disappeared into the pack string and didn't return for nearly fifteen minutes. When he did reach the horse Findereg was waiting less than patiently beside, he got no more than a curt grunt as thanks. Taurion did offer to help tie the sleeping elf on, though, and they were soon ready to get going. For safety, Taurion rode beside Findorfin's horse and held onto his friend's arm so there would be no accidents.