View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 12:24 PM   #92
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Havens. Of course. That's where all the elves were headed these days. Randir watched Megilien's expression closely. Her voice had sounded funny when she had spoken, almost as if... He shook his head. It was surely just her sadness at departing Middle Earth, or maybe her apprehension of reaching the undying lands. There was no reason for her to be lying. His flight had made him too suspicious of everyone, Randir decided firmly. This young lady was telling him that she was about to leave her home forever, and he had the nerve to believe that she was lying. He immediately felt guilty, and turned his attention back to the conversation.

"I am sorry to hear that." He told Megilien, for once being honest. Then he remembered the question she had asked. "My business?" He could have smiled. She had given him the perfect explanation. "My mother's cousin, an elf maiden much like yourself, wished also to cross the sea. It was my mother's wish that I take her to the Havens and protect her on the trip. She has left now, and I am returning to my home in Gondor." He paused, realizing too late that if she was from Gondor she would know he was lying. Hoping this was not the case, he attempted a relaxed tone and added, "Where did you say you were from?"

[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: Arestevana ]