View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 05:27 AM   #66
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

Okay, me and Esgallhugwen has finished our joint post. Here it is:

(Should be placed in a 'save' on page 4: posted November 13, 2003 05:38 PM)

Quote:
It was early morning, and Rosie was already up. Hedgar was still sleeping when she tried to wake Fippi, who was very tired and needed a small to wake up.

Rosie went quickly down to the kitchen and prepared food for Fippi and herself. Some moments later her nice boy was seated at the table eating his breakfast. Hedgar came when Fippi had finished. "So, you're going to walk Fippi to school today?" Hedgar said and gave a faint smile.

"Yes, I am. Together with Poppy and Lily." Rosie said smiling back and then looking at Fippi. "Are you sure you have eaten enough," she said curling her lips together as she didn't believe him when he said yes. "Okay then," she said. "Let’s get ready; I think Poppy and the children will be here soon." She said walking out from the kitchen and out in the entry.

Fippi followed her and waved at his dad. Hedgar gave a short wave back and finished up his breakfast. "You know that I'm going participate in the Hedge building today, right Rosie dear?" Hedgar said loudly so that Rosie would hear him. "Yes, dear. I do know that. I'll be back before then, I think. If I do, I’ll make you a nice cup of tea before you leave." She said and put her small head in the door and waved; "We're off," she said and disappeared. Fippi waved one last time and closed the door.

Poppy was now standing in the yard with the children. "Hello, Lily," Fippi said as he saw her hiding behind his mother. "Hi," Lily said in a thin voice. "Hello Poppy dear," Rosie said and smiled. "And hello to you too, Lily." She said and clapped her on the head.

"Shall we?" Poppy said.

Rosie stood beside Poppy with Fippi close behind. The Lady Hobbits walked up the road to gather the remaining children when Rosie quietly asked Poppy "so Poppy my dear, are you worried about the ruffians that will be coming?"

Poppy thought this over for a few seconds getting her thoughts together "well, to be honest, yes, I can't help but be nervous especially for the children and all, I'll do what ever needs doing, but I wish there wasn't the threat of fighting heavy in the air" Rosie nodded with the same concern in her eyes.

They both decided it would be best not to talk about it with the children around, so their conversation turned to the weather and other such casual matters. "It's a wonderful day today isn't children?" Rosie beamed at the children both Big and Little.

Some nodded and the younger ones giggled at the funny shapes the clouds had put themselves into. Once all the kids had been gathered up from their houses they merrily went on towards the Inn.

"Well, here we are. All of you be good in school now!" Poppy smiled and gave Lily a kiss on the forehead, Rosie kissed Fippi on the cheek, Fippi blushed hugging his mom than scurrying into the school room along with the other children.

Esgallhugwen- Nice writing with you...Lets do it again sometime... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Oro [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]