View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 04:29 PM   #139
Pipperin
Animated Skeleton

Pipperin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Annabell had left and was now at her house eagerly packing all her supplies. She packed everything into the backpack hurriedly, not taking much time to organise it all. She did not want to be late again, and she still had to go over to Estella's to get the pony.

As soon as she was finished, she grabbed some toast and ran out the door. As she neared a giant oak tree, she slowed down, munching on her toast happily. She thought about Frodo, and the look on his face when he realised what they had done for him. She smiled intently and looked down the road to where her friend Estella was busy working in her garden.As Annabell neared the hobbit, Estella looked up and smiled brightly.

"Anna! Where have you been? I haven't seen you all day! And look at you, all packed to go somewhere? I suppose your not just here to say goodbye!" She looked at Annabell suspiciously.

"Well,no. I need to go somewhere for awhile and, I need to borrow your pony!" She smiled innocently, digging her heals into the ground.

"Hmmm, well you can borrow Marty if you like, but where might you be off to all of a sudden?" She said as she wiped her hands on her old green dress. But when Annabell made no sign of answering she smiled slightly and pointed to the small stable at the side of her hole. "Fine then Bell, but remember this the next time you want to know something from me!"

Annabell grinned and thanked her friend as she walked over to the stable. Marty seemed pleased to see her and rubbed his nose against her face. She led him out and down the street, thanking Estella again.

She headed for Prim's house, patting Marty on the back gently. It took some time, for Estella did not live too close to Prim, but Annabell did not mind long walks. When she finally arrived she looked around the front yard and all the brightly coloured flowers. She had never been a good gardener, but she loved flowers of all kinds. Annabell opened the gate and walked down the cobblestone path towards the small blue door on the side of the hill, still interested in the flowers. She knocked on the door and Prim's mother soon opened the it smiling politly and let Annabell inside.