View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 01:48 PM   #151
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"Look, Prim!" said Mel. "Here come Pearl and Crystal. And look what they've got!"

"Stuff, just like us," said Primrose with a sigh. "Mel, I've come across another problem. How are we going to carry the kids? I- I mean the ponies."

"We have an extra one," said Mel as she hurried forward to help Pearl and Crystal with their packages. "They can ride double."

"Goodness!" Pearl gasped, nearly dropping her burdens at the sight of the two children. "............Prim?"

"They ran away and followed us here," said Prim quickly. "And now we have no choice but to take them with us." She started loading what they had into the wagon. The pony snorted, and Prim came him a regretful grin. "Sorry, Merimas, but we have to."

"Mr. Bilbo is going to be very pleased when he's sees all this," Annabell said, staring at the contents of the wagon. "And just think, there's even more to come!"

"Oh, speaking of Mr. Bilbo," said Pearl, reaching into her dress pocket, "we stopped by the inn, just to see how prices were. There was a letter for you, Primrose, from Mr. Bilbo."

Primrose took the letter and read it, looked down at the children, sighed, and turned to Melilot. "Do you have any paper with you?" she asked.

Mel shook her head, and so did Annabell, Crystal, and Pearl. "Well," sighed Prim. "We've got the whole side blank. I'll write him."

She turned Bilbo's letter around and wrote a quick message on the blank side of it, then handed it to Annabell. "Could you bring that to the inn and see if they have anyone who can ride over tonight?" she asked.

Annabell nodded, but before she set off she read the letter aloud.

Dear Mr. Bilbo,
Don't worry, the children are safe and sound. We found them at a market here in Waymoot. Tell Camelia and Marigold not to worry about them, and their parents. Unfortunately we won't be able to send them back. It's too dangerous for them to go alone, and we don't have the time to take them back ourselves. They'll be travelling with us.

Primrose Tussock