View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 12:05 PM   #18
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My husband and I and a friend went in costume to both showings that we've managed to get to so far--he was a cobbled together Aragorn (I sewed a very rough tunic in 3 minutes and gathered a lot of military surplus clothing and adapted a Jedi robe I made years ago). I was Frodo--a slight variation on my everyday costume, oddly enough--a pair of pinned up navy pants with that peculiar closure that reminds me of hobbit pants (13 buttons! ugh!), white shirt with puffy sleeves, burgundy vest, frock style overgarment with added cuffs, and a grey cloak I bought at a yard sale...oh yes! Band-Aid Hobbit Ears and a badly done somewhat curly 'do! (My hair is elf-straight and looks not at all hobbitish in real life.) Our friend was a Warg with mask, feet, paws and a mean growl! (The kids loved her best of all!) Her favorite character was the Fell Beast upon which the Witch King rides...unique to say the least! I actually met another fan at the second showing who was a rabid Sam fan! (Usually everyone I meet is a Leggybopper!) And my husband was called "That crazy man" by a woman who entered the theatre bathroom, not knowing Frodo was in the next stall listening to her... . A man at the tiny town theatre told me I was a "good Frodo!" Yay! I got a compliment! I came so close to being Arwen, but my long black wig was torn up and frightful, so I defaulted to Frodo, which is pretty much my normal dress! <P>Cheers!<BR>Lyta<P>P.S. Wore long socks and flipflops...couldn't bring myself to go barefoot with the foot hair and all in December!<p>[ 1:07 PM December 23, 2003: Message edited by: Lyta_Underhill ]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote