View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 02:26 PM   #32
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Let's see I usually cry from this line,
Quote:
When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton.
to
Quote:
He (Sam) drew a deep breath. 'Well, I'm back,' he said.
I think it's just the sheer joy of reading Tolkien.

But to be honest, I cry here,
Quote:
'Fight?' said Frodo. 'Well, I suppose it may come to that. But remember: there is to be no slaying of hobbits, not even if they have gone over to the other side. Really gone over I mean; not just obeying ruffians' orders because they are frightened. No hobbit has ever killed another on purpose in the Shire, and it is not to begin now. And nobody is to be killed at all, if it can be helped. Keep your tempers and hold your hands to the last possible moment!'
The mention of killing hobbits makes me upset and Frodo seems so noble and just, I can't help it. Though most of the Scouring of the shire makes me cry, like when Sam sees the party tree cut down. When he's replanting all the trees with Galadriel's gift, I cry there too. Maybe I'm just emotional because I cry at all of the other places mentioned too. Even the death of Gandalf, though I know he's going to come back. At Lothlorien because the elves are so fair and when Boromir dies. I'll just leave it as I cry through most of the book; the happy and the sad.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote