View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 04:42 AM   #244
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Okay, why Sauce?

There was no Seer on Day 1, so the Wolves didn't work on the basis to try to catch a Gifted. I also doubt that they tought Sauce to be the GW. If Sauce suspected someone correctly, it's not because he would have had more information than the rest of us, but because of his own logics. The Wolves knew that, and Sauce's death seems to tell less than deaths in normal Wolf-possessed Villages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
The kill, however, tells us little enough: it was not the result of careful planning and discussions -for our wolves cannot do this-
That's true. If the Wolves didn't unanimously pick Sauce, the one who picked someone else is probably looking for reasons for his/her comrades' choice trying to identify them. If we can identify them first, it'd be great because if we don't lynch a Wolf toDay, there will be 2 kills a Night from now on. As has been said toDay, we should probably give some thought on who the Wolves could be, too, and not just the EW.

Killing Sauce could have been a more or less random choice. It's great to have him on your side, but he can be a scary opponent. Maybe the Wolves wanted to take care of a possible threat in the future. That doesn't point at anyone in particular.

Even though Sauce wasn't a Seer, if he was right about something, he would have had the potential to make a good case against his supects with possibly bad consequences to the Evil team. In this case, we should look at those who were on his list of possible EW picks.

As I noted yesterDay, to me Sauce seemed surprisingly confident about how the EW would act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce
Yet it is not village affairs that have guided the Evil Wizard’s hand, I am sure, but cold, hard logic.
There are more in his post #144. He also gave a lot of names as possible EW's choices. Maybe the Wolves were on the list and got scared, or then Sauce was way off and killing him was supposed to throw us completely off track. That would incriminate the people whom I already mentioned or those whom he excused yesterDay. Uh, that's about everyone in this village...

So, I'll move on to giving thouhts on my fellow villagers as soon as I can.