View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 08:58 AM   #540
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Our house is getting unseasonably hot these days - 39° high outside today! I think that must be a record. It does cool off some at night, so we open all the windows then and close and shutter them during the day. Right now a thunderstorm, with rain and cooler temperatures, sounds very tempting! Predictions are such for tomorrow, but you never know if it happens in your own area.

Fans are currently getting high usage, as we aren't equipped with air conditioning and don't normally need it here. The electrical fans are nice for getting the air moving in the house, but my wooden-staved hand fan is a very handy accessory when sitting outside or visiting others.

Actually, a hole would probably feel much better than a house these days - I know there's a city in Australia, Coober Pedy, that has underground houses, stores and even a church. That's the best way to keep constant temperatures without using a great deal of electricity in the very hot summers there!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote