View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #420
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Indeed, this is a day of days for me," Eodwine replied happily. "Come, meet my bride to be. I am to be married today."

Eodwine led Rand to Saeryn and introduced his old friend to his wife to be. Speaking of her thus to his friend suddenly brought the strangeness of it home to Eodwine: this lass who was young enough to be his own daughter, was about to become his wife! He looked past her young face into her smiling eyes and saw in them the spirit that had sparked his interest in the very first week of their aquaintance though he had not allowed himself to see that as love at the time. He turned to Rand.

"Yes, I know I may be accused of robbing the cradle, but she is-" he tried to find the words that expressed the unity he felt between them and found phrase after another to be trite or lacking. "-she is as right as right for me."

He grabbed her hand and lifted it to his smiling lips, and held her eyes with his own.