View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 06:54 AM   #97
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Siralil and Sitinion - By Orofaniel

Siralil and Sitinion had had a good night sleep indeed, but they had no idea of what was waiting them down in the common room....

The two elves went down the stairways and found their way into the common room there they had been the day before. Gifor the elf that they had met was nowhere to be seen. Sitinion sighed as they seated to order breakfast. "What is it son?" Siralil asked him seeming annoyed over that his son sighed.

"Nothing father." Sitinion answered and sighed again. "It's just....we're leaving Middle-Earth today father, and I'm having second thoughts." Sitinion continued. He, himself was stunned that he had said such a thing to his own father. How could he? After all that Siralil had done for him? His father had been so kind that he had brought him to the Heavens and giving him a free ticket to Valinor, where he would live forever in peace.

"What?!?" Siralil exclaimed while rage was rushing over his face like thunder. "I d-didn't mean...." Sitinion mumbled while he looked at his father.

"I just feel bad for the Company and for Tanroth. What if they aren't dead?" Sitinion continued trying to defend himself and what he'd just said. He knew however that his father would never let him get out of this fully skinned. It was a terrible thing to say to his father, even though this was what Sitinion felt.

"They are dead!" Siralil said and raised his voice. "How come they're not here then?" When the ship is leaving this afternoon?" Siralil continued now almost whispering. "Don't feel bad for something you didn't do, son." Siralil said now, as he was trying to comfort his son. He bent over him clapping him on the shoulder. "It'll be alright son, when we get to the ship you'll see we've made the right choice...It'll be alright." Siralil continued.

But deep down Sitinion knew that it wouldn't, even though Tanroth and the Company never showed up.

Tanroth - By Novnarwen

"By the One," Tanroth heard Erkaliel exclaim. "It’s you . . ."

Tanroth looked up to see Erkaliel leaving her seat, and walking towards the two gentlemen the waiter had referred to. Tanroth got a glanced over at the table as well, and could see a face, which was familiar, Siralil. He excused himself, looking warningly at Arilewen, who had been following Tanroth's eyes, and spotted Siralil as well.

From the moment Tanroth had understood that Siralil had gone to the Havens and take the seat, which originally was his, Tanroth had hoped that the company wouldn't get to meet Siralil and his companion until the ship was leaving. Still, to let the others know would be morally correct. This especially, simce one of Tanroth's companions and him could be squeezed out of the seat they had been dreaming of, from the moemnt they left the woods of Lothlórien.

When Tanroth rised from the table as well, the others seemed to turn in every direction, to have a better look at what was going on. Tanroth reached Erkalile who was now staring at the two elves by the table. "Siralil...?" she said, questioningly. The other elves at Tanroth's table turned in the same direction, and Firiel and Rostin stood up. They had heard Erkaliel, and Tanroth hadn't been able to stop her either. The truth would have to come out now; Tanroth would eventually have to tell them of the meeting with the Hafling.

"Oh dear," Siralil answered. He too, looked a bit surprised, but seemed to deal with this new situation they found themselves in, much better then Erkaliel or the others, for that matter. "Tanroth, you made it," Siralil said, a bit merrier. Tanroth nodded and made grim face, telling Siralil that they had all made it, together. "They deserve this, and you know it," he added.

Now Dunaire, Imthôlion and Solondil had come forwards. And they pushed Tanroth forwards, so they could have a better view of Siralil and his companion, who tanroth discovered was Siralil's son, Sitinion. But insted of looking at Siralil, who had fallen silent, they stared at tanrloth with great eyes. "You don't look very surprised," Firiel said, halfway whispering. Tanroth nodded, and made a grin.

"I am not either," he said. "But that is not the point," he added, hushing at Dunaire as was eagerly arguing with Sitinion, who almost looked frightened by Dunaire's 'river' with words.

"I changed my mind," Siralil said after a while. He was clearly starting to get annoyed by Dunaire and the others, who were after his opinion casting silly arguments out on him, all telling him that he had no right to do this. Tanroth however, knew that Siralil was right. Siralil had the right to go, even though he had changed his mind and gone to the Havens secretly. It was obvious that this was wrong, but there was really nothing anyone could do. Siralil could by right go, if he wanted to.

"I am going," he said, through clenched teeth. By this, Arilewen made her way through the crowd and left the Inn. Dunaire followed her, while the others tried to digest this heavy news.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:47 PM December 20, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]