View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #121
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Okay! Big news!!! The accommodation is booked!! (Or will be as soon as they get the booking form through the post).

We will be staying at;
The Newark and Sherwood Holiday cottage from 6th August - 19th August.

I should explain why I didn't book the bunk barn. It was becoming a massive pain in the butt, for one. They wanted a definite number of visitors for each day, which I was unable to provide seeing as we don't know if everyone will be able to go yet. Plus, we would be sharing the space with other parties at the same time; not good if we want to get up to late night shenanigans. I did offer that we had a tent for people who were outside the number of beds booked, but that was not allowed. Moreover, they said we'd be responsible for our own luggage being kept separate from other people's and they wouldn't be held responsible for any thefts. Which worried me a lot.

The holiday cottage people were nicer with me and said they're flexible with the numbers. Technically it only houses 12, but we would be free to put sleeping bags etc in the living room and elsewhere, plus the tent if needed. Moreover, we'll be on our own and can be as loud and silly as we like.
They also have some included entertainment systems, stereo system, radio, DVD player, internet access (wireless broadband) and so on. We will be in good shape, I think.

The people gave me a special discount because we're booking for two whole weeks. The full price will be £1,600, minus the £400 deposit I just paid. (Thanks to all you that donated to the deposit fund!), leaving £1,100 left to pay by the 14th of May.
I'll reboot the Indegogo Campaign once it has run its course and we can start chipping in again. I don't want anyone to feel pressured into donating more than they can afford, so we'll try and get as close as possible before the date, but anything after will still be helpful. I hope this is okay with everyone.

I know some of you were set on the bunk barns and I tried to get them, but in the end I couldn't do it. I hope this is just as good in the end. Please don't kill me!