View Single Post
Old 01-06-2002, 09:14 PM   #5
Thingol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thingol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In the Unfinished Tales I'm pretty sure it gives two (maybe 3) accounts of the wanderings of Galadriel and Celeborn, and in one I think it said that all the elves were pardoned after the war of Wrath but Galadriel chose to stay with Celeborn in ME. I think Christopher Tolkien made a comment that in his father's notes J.R.R. Tolkien indicated that he did not wish for there to be a sense of animosity between the Valar and Galadriel. I don’t own a copy of The Unfinished Tales so I can’t produce a quote, and there is a possibility that I am totally wrong. Check in the Unfinished Tales and tell me if I’m off base, its been two years or so since I looked at UF (I should really buy all the Tolkien books, anyone want to give me $50) [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.
Thingol is offline   Reply With Quote