View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 11:24 AM   #391
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril Chop chop chop...

I know what you mean, Nuranar, but...well, no one too drastic. Certainly at least one NPC who has been more frequently mentioned should die...well, I think so, what do you think?

Nuranar - do you know whether Maika will be coming back before the end of the game at all? I know we have sort of said the game will finish without her, but if there is a chance, it isn't really fair to kill off her favourites, like Avershire. After all, as he has a bio, he is, technically, a played character.

Marx is obviously already dead.

Avershire - to kill him off would be quite a large step actually. Do you know if she had any plans for him? Possibly it would be better for him to go down fighting, but then, it would be a massive blow to moral if he was found dead. The arguements for and againsts seem to even up there.

Lolliway - the silent conflict between Meri and Calnan was quite interesting, I thought. Possibly Avershire could be dead and she alive? Maybe she and Calnan could fight together or something, she covers his back and the debt kinda gets sorted that way? Or, alternatively, she could die and behold the waves of guilt upon Calnan...(unintentional pun, I never realised how much the sea comes up like that! )

Sedal - I don't suggest that the surgeon dies, actually. I would quite like it if Sedal lived. But maybe....well, maybe I am being morbid, but he could have sustained some serious damage in the fight - maybe a mast fell, hitting one arm? Anyway, maybe I am just being harsh, but maybe he lost an arm...*evil*

Luc - Now, pity for the boy, but I think Luc would actually be perfect to get rid off. He has been mentioned frequently in my posts, in several references in Maika's and in a few of yours, Nuranar, so he is quite a well known NPC, without too much of his mind being known. For him to have been killed would be a big blow to Callath - they were getting quite close having worked together. One condition, if I may - if he does go, Callath gets to find him? Chop, I say.

Yulman - mentioned a few times in posts by myself (and Maika?) at one point - he's the drunk, rather ripe older sailor who was being treated at Callath and Sedal's meeting, if you remember? Maybe not. Here is the description from Maika:
Quote:
age unknown, looks anywhere between 40 & 70 loud boisterous sailor, who gets drunk most of the time, has the stamina of any sailor
Bearing in mind the sparseness of the description, I doubt there were any real plans for him. I reckon the fiery old bugger would have gone down fighting, too stubborn to give in. Chop, I say.

Packs - barely mentioned. Maika has mentioned him in the speech of Sedal and Avershire say...once? Another 'random' character with a rather sparse description.
Quote:
a theological man, smart, but somewhat sickly
This didn't really come across at all. *shrugs* Chop, almost certainly.

Blake - this would be the helmsman. That's all he's described as. Bearing in mind the barrage that was raining down upon them in the attacks, I think it's actually a little unrealistic if he isn't dead. Like Packs, quite a definite chop.

Frenchy - I think Maika probably had plans for him. A loyal follower of Avershire, quite close it seems as well - he was the second mate. Quiet, lean, tall, red hair - rarely mentioned, but probably would take over in Avershire's stead if the Captain was dead or missing. This could either cause a clash with Devon which would be interesting...or shall we just get rid of him to save the problems?

Portie - Never mentioned, as far as I can tell. In charge of reparations, pretty ancient in Middle Earth terms - average age of death is, what, sixty, seventy? This guy is put down as '80+'. Seriously, never mentioned. Chop, chop, chop...

Rilgari - Man, I think I mentioned him...once? Twice? Anyway, he barely featured in any posts and was another of the 'random' characters who Maika created - like a secondary secondary
Quote:
shy, flaxen-haired boy of about 18 or 19.
However, similar as he is to Callath and sparse though his character may be, I would rather like him to stay alive. Please? If you want him to go though, that's fine.

Borger - I quote from our fearless leader once more:
Quote:
poetic man of about 25 who has a good singing voice, is disliked by none
Sounds like an interesting, if useless, guy. However, I can't really recall him being mentioned - Nuranar, did you mention him once or twice? Anyway, featured once more twice maybe but pretty much nonexistant. Shall we chop?

Orda - Oh, everyone knows little Orda. You can't seriously kill him off....right?

If anyone else wants to have a closer look at the descriptions as Maika first has them written, they're on page seven in the Discussion thread - quite near the bottom, post #280.

Hope this is helpful,

-Ax