Thread: Best Avatars
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 05:37 PM   #522
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry
Well now, Son of Númenor, shall I ruin the mystery? Or will the name simply bring even more mysterious ideas to my persona? Hmm. decisions...

Well, perhaps something can be said. It is a fey, taken from a Gothic Gardening site which no longer exists. Fey characters are thought to be whimsical and strange, otherworldly, belonging to the realms of fairies and elves and marked by a spell of apprehension of death. Subtly Tolkienish methought. In retrospect, sadly "applicable."

And yours I like a great much as well, a starkly stylised sun. But I could be wrong. What can you tell us of it?

Nuruamiel's is sweet and loving; Piosenniel's I have always liked; Squatter's is inscrutable; Mithadan could use one, as could Mr. Underhill and davem and Marilofthelongname. Ulmo's and Barrow Wight's and OneWhiteTree's's are unique, while HerenIstarion's balances a restraint with exhuberance, a nice reflection of him, I think. Manôphazân's manages to be funny, to me at least. Guinevere's compliments her nickname very well. Alaklondewen's is, I think, very subtle. To me, littlemanpoet's is wonderfully medieval. Durelin's I like for its style. I have a soft spot for dwarven avatars, like Kuruharan's and Regin Hardhammer's. Maikadilwen's has always made me giggle and dance inside. As for The PerkyEnt's, well, there's something wholly appropriate about it. burrahobbit's sun I like and Rimbaud's Peter Pan is too apt for words. Himaran has a bright aspect I like while Carrûn's always brings a smile to my face. Lush's rose is lovely to my mind and Kransha's eye is a hoot. I liked Diamond18's old one a bit better than her new one.

Oh, I could go on and on! There are so many intriguing avatars here.

SaucepanMan's has been too highly praised to need mine. And, as for Estelyn's, well, my entire viewing of Shrek2 was influenced by my constant memories of her red-haired, green-eyed heroines. I kid you not. I kept seeing REB2 as I watched the credits rather than Shrek2.

Your Avatar was originally a sketch by Brian Froud, from his book Faeries... The website you got it from took his sketch of a springgan and made it into a "negative" photo... Sorry if i sound rude, i don't imply to. I just grew up with Brian Froud's works... Sad thing is i know all of his books by heart and can name them by year... Yes, its one of the strange services i provide here.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote