View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 04:07 AM   #42
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Besides, I'm far too adorable to be a wraith. Now who wants to buy me some ale? Legate?
Never, young one. Drinking is not for the young ones like you. You have to be accustomed to drinking. Could any Ringwraith pass me a drink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Oh, and clearly our troubles will be solved if everyone clearly states their birth sign.
A herring. Sorry, that would be pisces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum the Great View Post
*Dodges* What are, you, a clown? Hey, that gives me a great idea! Join up with me on my next trip and I'll get you into a travelling circus!
Trying to get together, eh? An Informer and a Ringwraith, no less! Kill them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
There's eighteen of us and only three ringwraiths. Granted, there's an informer to help them, but still, I would say our situation looks quite good.

Which exactly might be the problem. Villages with the setting that favours the innocent surprisingly often leads to their loss, because they become careless and entangled in silly discussions because they feel no hurry to catch the wolves. So let's not do that this time.

And *hint hint* that also means we could move away from banter to more serious suttf, if anyone has anything at all to say.

So maybe I'll start about that.

My opinion on this bantering? It annoys me a little because I subconsciously assume this game has already been going for for 5-8 hours although in reality, we only started 3h ago. So I should not be harsh.
Now at least something in-game which makes me unnerved. Great As well as Brinn's post a little. But that is most likely just because they are the first ones to actually say something, which is of course a good thing for a Ringwraith to start turning suspicion towards some victims. Not that their points would be incorrect: we should really try to discuss something more important. But the Day has just started, and I hope people will acknowledge by themselves that it is reasonable to speak reasonable and not just mess around. But it's maybe just something in Lommy's phrasing which I find weird. But as it has been just one and quick post, then of course I will wait for further input to state anything. But I just wanted to say this, as it's far better than to say "bring me some ale", or even "we should discuss serious stuff" (which is not an information of any value by itself either. I always want to ask people who go around and post things like this, and nothing more, what serious things would they discuss. Or rather, perhaps they should instead lead by example and just do it).

P.S. I don't know what suttf is, but I certainly don't want to meet that in the middle of a dark alley at night.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote