View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 11:41 AM   #283
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril Aman

Aman grinned, wrinkling her nose at Uien, and the elf blushed as an 'ooooh' rose around the table, looking down at her hands in her lap as a little pink spot appeared on each cheek. As her eyes darted up again, the Innkeeper winked at her and she smiled back - evidently she and Falowik were still as happy as they had been when they left. And if anyone deserved it, it was Uien. She had had a hard life, despised and isolated from all she knew throughout her childhood and young adulthood...Aman's thoughts drifted to Snaveling at this thought. A kindred spirit to Uien, one might say...

As if someone had read her thoughts, Aman heard a voice close by her ear. "May I have a word my Lady?"

Bredan's voice, and the fact that he was so close that she could feel his breath on her ear as he spoke, made her jump, spinning around in her chair. Instantly, out of the corner of her eye, she saw Eodwine stiffen, but shook her head very slightly at him, covering it by brushing her loose hair from her face - she had let it down before coming to listen to the story, to give it a rest whilst she wasn't working. She smiled down at Bredan where he was kneeling, turning it her chair, caught for a second between listening to the tale and customer. But then, Bredan was hardly going to be talking about business, she worried....

Making up her mind, she turned back to the rest of the group, rising. "Excuse me please, I have some business to attend to for a moment - can I get anyone a drink or something to eat?"

A murmur of people asking for drink as they drained their glasses greeted her and she mentally noted the orders - there was nothing like a good tale to whet people's appetites. As she threaded her way through the crowd, she caught Uien's eyebrows raised in askance and nodded, beckoning with her head.