Thread: Faramir's sword
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yregwyn View Post
I was just looking at stuff online being bored and i found a site that said Ringil was Faramir's sword. I had thought it was buried with Finggy in his cairne Turgon made for him. It could just have the same name, or the guy had no idea what he was talking about (he also said Hadafang was the sword all the elfs used in Helms Deep).... but ya never know. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it. As Fingolfin is my hero this would be valuable info if it was true.
I know of no canonical material that states Ringil was Faramir's sword, or gives it any sort of name. In any case, his elder brother's sword was said to have been of "less lineage" than Aragorn's Andúril. It seems very improbable that the Steward of Gondor's younger son would carry a blade of such historical import as Ringil.