View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 10:32 PM   #338
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I have AOL, and some time ago "Celebrity voices" were offered in place of that boring monotone AOL one....so I now have "Elijah Wood" (as Frodo, no less, so you've got the "Middle Earth" accent)telling me "Welcome" when I get on line, whether I've "Got Mail" or not, and "Good bye" when I log off (and yes, I 9 times out of 10 say, "Thankyou", "Hello" or "Goodbye, Little one", when I hear the voice, too!)
Samwise: Ok, I'm really envious now. I may have to switch to AOL just for Elijah's voice... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Samwise, there's a video (on same site I belive) of Elijah Wood reading a book called "Me and My Cat?".
Who originally posted the link? Morai, was it you? Could someone repost, as I can't locate the original?

Quote:
Alatariel-- Shucks! (blushes) Thanks. I just had this mental image of the fellowship cresting that mountain, one at a time... and some of those flybys... great scenery. Now where will I get the poster...?
If you have a pretty good printer, you can probably download one of those shots & print it yourself, although I don't know if 8x10 would be large enough. Maybe allposters or...ebay? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:
Oh, "Journeys of Frodo" is by Barbara Strachey. It's somewhat similar to Fonstadt's atlas, but more detailed, and obviously very Frodo-centric (see title...) So therefore, if you are indeed a Frodo addict, you "must-have-it-precious". Getting one is hard; I think they are out of print? (Hence my recklessness the other evening on ebay, and my delight in "winning".)
...and I was really trying to stay away from ebay--at least till after Christmas. Ebay is like Lay's potato chips..I can't stop at just one. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]:

Quote:
Now, as a Frodo addict myself, I consider my lack of a full-sized, glistening, leather-scabbarded Sting to be a grave problem. The next time I can't imagine what else to do with several hundred dollars...
Helen: I've seen the official Sting & scabbard on ebay (where else?) quite reasonably. I also like shopping for weapons here.

Quote:
1) TTT Soundtrack (for Gollum's fish song)
2) ROTK Soundtrack (I've heard that Billy Boyd "Pippin" sings on it)
3) "Walking With Frodo" Another Christain devotional for LOTR
4) Toys, (maybe like a light up Sting, action figures etc)
Morai: 1) Unfortunately, the "fish song" isn't on the soundtrack, just "Gollum's Song" that plays during the credits. 2) And not just Billy..I've heard Viggo sings as well. 3) Who sings that? I don't think I've ever heard of that song before. 4) Target or Elf-Mart have the best prices for action figures.