View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I was fairly omnivorous when I was in France because it was convenient and cheap and there was a lot of choice, but I can't think of many action films among my favourites. I am not so faddy. I seldom find action films hold my attention, not keen on animation, still like a story, subtlety, intelligence, wit. Have adored Ealing Comedy and Jimmy Stewart since childhood and don't expect to stop as long as I breath,

I havejust looked at the listings for my nearest proper cinema (ignoring the community cinemas that show one film a week a month or so after first release). Thirteen films, two with 3D which I am unable to watch.

So have the choice of 4 action films, 3 children's animation, 5 alleged comedy (they include Ted in this) and just one drama Shadow Dancer which I have never heard of but might look at since it has a great cast.

Never sat through Ben Hur or Ten Commandments ...but did see Charlton heston on stage in a Man for All Seasons and was quite impressed but I was very young and he certainly had presence.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote