Thread: LotR2-TTT-Seq06
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #5
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
First of all, I'd like to say that Gandalf's voice deserves a star. Anyone else thinks that his voice is even stronger than Saruman's? Of course, when we hear Saruman and Gandalf facing each other, Saruman is already the weakest one, even if he doesn't know it... but I'm straying too far ahead.

Back on to this scene, I think the marshes are very well done but I have not much to add into the discussion. One thing I would like to say is that we see Gollum/Smeagol striving for friendship in his own wretched way, and being rejected. I love how Gollum becomes more evident as Smeagol keeps on getting rejected by Sam and Frodo.

Sam and Frodo do treat Gollum as a dog... and it even promted a comment from me last time I watched TTT with my friend... "I'd like to have a Smeagol as a pet... not the Gollum side, but the Smeagol". I hadn't thought until then that he was indeed being treated as such pet.

Now, here's a concern of sorts... I can't recall from the book, but does Gandalf refuse to tell the three hunters where the hobbits are? It just feels like a cheap attempt at making everything sound more "misterious" even though we already know where they are. Even if you have not read the books, you can guess that they are with Barbol. Erm, I mean Treebeard =D