View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #1576
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Kannat kattoon tänä iltana!
And what does that mean, Noggie? I tried to translate it but all I got was something about roofs and tonight.
It's a Finnish saying used by the youth like thirty-forty years ago or something (it's a bit old-timer stuff even for me ) and it means something like "heels to the roof tonight!" I think the idea is something like dancing so energetically that your heels point towards the roof in the end of the night...

Ohho-ho Skip, var det den värst du kom ihåg med? Kanske undrar jag inte varför Finland-svenskarna svår i Finska...

Sjutton också! (in Finland we actually say: "Hell's sixteen" - which is funnily one number less - so did you guys think you should do one better or did we feel low enough to pick one less you did?)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote