View Single Post
Old 07-30-2002, 12:40 AM   #6
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

Quote:
she did outlive him by two or three hundred years.
That wasn't my impression. After Aragorn died,

Quote:
the light of her eyes was quenched, and it seemed to her people that she had become cold and grey as nightfall in winter that comes without a star. Then she said farewell...and passed away to the land of Lorien, and dwelt there alone under the fading trees until winter came. ... There at last when the mallorn-leaves were falling, but spring had not yet come, she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth
This is Appendix A. It sounds to me like she lived for less than a year after Aragorn's death.

The physical change that came over her is interesting as well, in view of the original topic of this thread. She had of course been mortal for a long time already, but with the death of her husband, her mortality became physically apparent (she now reminded people of death and winter and night--and what about the light in her eyes?) just as she understood it for the first time when he spoke to her on his deathbed.

--Belin Ibaimendi
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Belin is offline   Reply With Quote