View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 01:18 PM   #7
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
Though we are in the movies section of the forum, surely we could come up with a few elven relationships from the Silmarillion that were somewhat less than blissful. That one dark elf comes to mind.

And my daughters will not date - ever (or at least until I realize the cost of keeping them around as young adults ).
Certainly there are notable exceptions but if you read HoME then it does say that in general that this is true.

As for the movies, I guess there are a variety of possible responses - I guess some will assume a modern relationship but I think that would devalue the plot. If they are already a couple de facto then there is no choice, no reward.....

I have tosay it was the kiss at the end that startled me... bit more full on than you expect in a "you may now kiss the bride", practically bites her head off ...lol

As for your daughters ... well reverse psychology can work - I think my pa's "I trust your judgement" was far more effective than heavyhandedness, and make sure that they have sufficient ambition to spend their entire time doing homework

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 04-18-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote