View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #107
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
I've had some real pangs of nostalgia over the last week or so what with the start of Hobbit production and the first web video by Peter Jackson being posted online.

To think that's its been a decade since the Fellowship was released and the person I have become during that time...folk can forget the "growing pains" of growing up with the Harry Potter cast; as a 23 year old I can appreciate that the LoTR is far more epic! Though I should imagine me dedicating time to LoTR sites like the Downs has ingrained Tolkien in me more so, but then that is for said reason, LoTR is more epic than Potter was ever going to be.

My enduring memory of the journey from news of LoTR production to its release and then the release of the final film is as a 13 year old sat at home listening to a "sneak preview" cd of the soundtrack including the "Concerning Hobbits" track released some months before the Fellowship hit cinemas and having it on repeat trying to imagine how they'd recreate Hobbiton and wishing ever so hard that I could just watch the film there and then! Well we all must know how impatient a 13 year old can be!

I hope I have a similar memory over the next few years with the build up to the Hobbit's release.
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)

Last edited by Mänwe; 04-21-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote