View Single Post
Old 01-25-2002, 02:20 AM   #8
The Youngest Ent

Sting

I don't know if Faramir would have broken down and tried to get the ring... I've always held that the only advantage Aragorn had over Boromir in the matter was his "truer" blood... Boromir was merely a man, and the ring was too much for him... but in Faramir the blood ran almost pure, didn't it? Also, Faramir was less a man of war than Boromir, (although very capable), and Boromir couldn't even really see the reasoning behind destroying the ring, while surely Faramir would have... he let the ring go right from underneith his nose, remember, when no one would have questioned or stopped its taking.

I wonder how different Aragorn would have been, as well... with a subject of Gondor around that wasn't really interested in the throne himself, and that (later at least) was willing to immediately accept a king.

Honestly, I don't know what would have been different... I don't know why they wouldn't have gone to Moria, so maybe nothing would have changed until that part. Perhaps without Boromir to chase Frodo off, the orcs would have come across Frodo alone, and took him without the others knowing... who knows, too many options. It's fun though, to think of. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Cause... well, Faramir is pretty damn cool...