View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #38
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Times

I would prefer to see everyone play together in one large game rather than two smaller games, at least for our first attempt at Werewolf. In order to do this, it seems that we would have to adjust our timeframes a bit. The Saucepan Man has suggested 24 hours for each day and night, which would accomodate everyone but possibly drag the game down to a pace that would be detrimental to our enjoyment of it. On the other hand, the 6 hour NIGHT / 18 hour DAY excludes far too many of our members, so we must make some kind of changes if we want to have maximum participation.

Again, I think a compromise might solve our problem.

A DAY/NIGHT cycle of 24 hours is too fast, 48 hours is too slow, so how about a rotating 36 hour cycle?

NIGHT 1_____6 PM to 6 AM (12 hours)
DAY 1_______6 AM to 6 AM (24 hours)
NIGHT 2_____6 AM to 6 PM (12 hours)
DAY 2_______6 PM to 6 PM (24 hours)

This will allow us to kill 4 players every 3 days (instead of 4). With the moderator clearly posting when the next deadline is, this would give everyone the best chance of having time to play. And, really, only the werewolves and seer would be affected by the shorter timespan.

Tell me what you think, and sign up soon! We're only two players short of a game!