View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #133
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Confound the Ranger! My sister lies weak and helpless in my arms, and he asks to move on?
Erebemlin raised an eyebrow. "I doubt your sister would deny his wish."

Mellondu had not expected Erebemlin to hear his thoughts, and he started, but scowled. Bella patiently gave Mellonin drop after drop of water.

"My sister has seen enough of that villain, " said Mellondu.

"Doubtless the same could be said of the child Indil," replied Erebemlin.

Mellondu lowered his head, laying his cheek against her forehead, and then kissing her brow. His head snapped up a moment later.
Friend.
"Who are you?"

Nay, that you know, or you once did. I sought the ancient starlit shores, but did not find them. I have returned.
The thoughts were soft and sad, but they held a mild rebuke.

"Why do you tell me this?"
I have returned, but you have not. Despite her dust-filled years of longing, she abides alone.
Mellondu went pale. "You know where she is."
Nay, my lord. But I know that she is. And that is less than she knows of you.
Bella started as Mellondu lurched to his feet, lifting Mellonin. Ravion turned, protest dying on his lips even as Erebemlin signaled a halt with his hand.

Mellondu gazed down at his sister as her eyelids fluttered open. "What is your name?"
They call me Avarien, the Unwilling. Yet I have come.
"Come to what?"

I have come to find my lady Nimrodel. Nor will my search end til she is found.
Erebemlin watched with baited breath as the rebuke settled into Mellondu's soul.

"My sister needs rest. When she is able, we will depart, " he said. Meeting Ravion's gaze, he lifted Mellonin into both arms.

A clear voice came from Mellonin's lips. "I am able now."

Ravion shook his head. "Willing, yes. Able, not yet. You must rest."

Mellonin's head lifted, and met the ranger's gaze. "Friend, I yield to your counsel, yet not without protest. I will rest in the saddle."

Ravion smiled, and shook his head. "When you have rested a little, I will allow it," he added. "We have much to do. There is a child in great danger."

The ranger took vigil beside Mellonin, as Mellondu rose and paced.

Last edited by mark12_30; 01-23-2008 at 06:57 PM.