View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #23
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Name (that you go by): Wouldn’t you like to know…

Future Aspirations: To do something really adventurous sometime in my life; maybe write a book

Goal in life: Be able to love the Lord with all my life.

Short term goals: finish the Bible by the end of summer (now in Jeremiah), survive the second half of high school and figure out what the heck it is that I want to do afterwards

Passion: pursuing beauty

Hobbies: reading, writing, drawing

Famous for (brag about yourself): being smart

Fave books: LotR (need I say it?), Harry Potter, To Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Flies, Narnia books, Pride and Prejudice, The Giver, White Fang, The Once and Future King

Fave movie: LotR, Pirates of the Caribbean, Seabiscuit, Star Wars Episode III, Titanic, Ice Age II

Fave sport: soccer and I love horseback riding but almost never get to…

Fave store: Any book store.

Fave music: Soundtracks and contemporary Christian

What you can't stand: Idiots, the types of cartoons they put on TV these days

What you plain dislike: English class, dishonesty

Who you admire: I dislike the word “admire.” Most respect: my mom and my uncle

What you most love to do: see hobbies; also running, hiking, horseback riding (alas, those last two are all too scarce in my life…)

Your self-confessed flaws: shyness, overanalyzing things

What intrigues/fascinates you: Life and love

What scares you: That this might be all there is in life

Quotation to live by: Just one? I love quotes… “I would rather live in a world where my life was surrounded by mysteries than in a world so small my mind could comprehend it.”

Value-specific:
What do you want most in a friend? Honesty, loyalty, and a sense of humor
What do you want most in a teacher? Patience and the ability to make the class/subject interesting
What do you want most in an ally? Intelligence and loyalty
What do you want most in a team-mate? Trust
What do you want people to remember most about you? That I lived life for God

Writer-specific:
Your favorite work you've written so far: Probably a short story I called “My Guardian Angel.” It’s hard to summarize but if you really want to you can read it here

Your favorite character so far: This is hard; I like different things about all my characters. I guess I’ll say Siamak.

What you plan to write soon: a first post for this, various other RPG posts, and story that I’m having a lot of trouble with

What inspires you to write: Lots of different things; emotions, events, often other writers in RPG’s; I’ve found that the RotK and TTT soundtracks are excellent to write to

What makes your writing stall: Mostly getting caught up in technical details that may or may not have anything real to do with the plot

Do you get writers' block and how do you overcome it? Yes; in fact I’ve been going through it in the past week or so; sometimes forcing myself to write after I’ve put it off for too long will work; other times, exercise, a shower, and some music (classical for writing; I get distracted by words because then I have to sing along…) will help.

Middle-Earth specific:
Your favorite ME character(s)? Frodo, Sam, Merry, Aragorn, Faramir, Feanor

What do you like about them? Frodo, I just identify so much with, esp. at the beginning of the book. Frodo fascinates me. I can’t help but love Sam for his loyalty and straight-forwardness. Merry, I identify with him a bit as well. Aragorn, just because… I could admire him. Faramir, another just because… Feanor because he fascinates me. Fatally flawed characters do that for me – it’s the same thing with Anakin in Star Wars.

Your favorite moment(s) from the Trilogy? All of the Mt. Doom chapter, the charge of the Rohirrim, Strider in the Prancing Pony, the last pages of the chapter The Flight to the Ford, Gandalf’s return

Your favorite plot twist(s) from the Trilogy? Frodo not being dead, Eowyn’s revealing herself

Looking at your personality as it is, what race do you belong to in Middle-Earth and why? I don’t think I really fit squarely into any race – not Dwarves. Hobbits, for my love of simple things (I’m probably too adventurous for them, though), Elves for my love of beauty (not necessarily all this preservation, though)
What race would you *like* to belong to in Middle-Earth and why? I would not want to be a Dwarf, and probably not an Elf either. Rohirrim or Hobbits (maybe a Took or Brandybuck?)

What place(s)would you live in Middle Earth and why? Edoras/Rohan – has it all – rolling plains, mountains, rivers… and the horses…

Where would you want to visit? Why? Rivendell would be nice; Minas Tirith perhaps; the Shire

How would you travel? Horseback!

Besides the usual camping & travel stuff, what single special item is in your knapsack and why? I never travel anywhere without a good book and a camera, but the book probably gets more use. I need that time to read at the end of the day – especially if I’m traveling with other people. Alone time is a must.

Phew! I think that I think way too much about these things... they take forever to fill out.

First post coming soon. I know sort of what I want to write about and was going to try to do it tonight, but this took all my time...

Quote:
What everyone else said.
Yes, that.