View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #431
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
From my viewpoint, at Saethryd's it's a matter of taking Mellonin back into the group and heading on. I don't see the use in Saethryd joining the group because Celuien won't be available to write her. For that matter, I'm not sure it's desirable to bring Mellonin back into the group, for the same reason. She has found her brother, so that part of her quest is over. Why is she still involved? - - - because Helen gave her a dream. What was her dream? I haven't the foggiest what it was, or how it impinges upon the plot, especially without Helen here to write the character. Thus, she's just baggage. Sorry, Helen.

What Rûgh does is up to Firefoot. Ædegard & Leafa may now depart from the quest and go home to her papa.

As for the other group, they are chasing down Tharonwë, and maybe they'll catch up to him before he reaches Nimrodel, maybe not. I can't imagine him wanting them to. I suppose he'll have to start setting up ways to put his pursuers out of commission. So that could mean the deaths, or at least the injury (and decommissioning for the sake of this plot), of a number of what have turned into NPCs, which I personally wouldn't mind, because it's hard to carry around all these extras.

Frankly, I'd like to wrap this up soon. I'm out of patience with it.

There is precisely one thing that will bring me back into patience with this story: those characters for whom there are active writers, are the only ones left on the quest.

Imagine, therefore, if we only have Bergil, Indil, Raefindan, Aeron, Jorje, Rûgh (and Liornung should his writer become active), and Mellondu (just because he's central to the plot). A nice tight cast for a nice tight plot. Wouldn't that be refreshing?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 09-03-2007 at 03:00 PM.