View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #96
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog View Post
I have to agree with much of what Morthoron says in his Extraneous Review.

The Bad Points:
The rest of the movie. It was rubbish. This movie, and I suspect the two coming, and all the added fluff to pad the one book out into three movies, are just more nails in the coffin of J.R.R. Tolkien's legacy. I went to an advance screening for us here in Oz (which means we got to see it when most of the rest of the world did) that required getting dressed up in costume. It was a fun night seeing all the different costumes and the nice photo-shoot and the free drinks and food and all. Yet it was more of a matter of getting through the movie than it was enjoying watching it. It was in the 3D HD 48fps format, which made the effects rather intense. Listening to the people's chatter going in, Peter Jackson has pretty much succeeded in co-opting Tolkien's works, and now in the minds of the idiot masses, they have awarded the tale as his own. My only consolation this time is I haven't spent a cent that will go to the film company or Peter Jackson. I intend to keep it that way.
PJ plopped in iconic set-pieces from the book about every 15 minutes or so in an effort to stop movie-goers from using the rest room. I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in kidney or bladder infections due to the length of the movie, and the need to do something else (snack, drink soda) while waiting for another tedious subplot to unfold.