View Single Post
Old 11-10-2002, 01:13 AM   #356
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I haven't really been in this particular forum before and just managed to read the whole thread through - whew! A few additions, and since I've never done an RPG in my life, none of them are RPG-inspired.

LUSH: Sexual implications in Tolkien's writing? Heresy! How dare you imply such a thing?

BIRDLAND: Flippant comments will not be tolerated. Now, to continue my thesis about the philological differences between early and later drafts of the Quenya languages...hey, pay attention!

MARILEANGORIFURNIMALUIM: Substituting Arwen for Glorfindel was undoubtedly the best thing Peter Jackson did. Her swordsmanship and command of fighting tactics are one of the most impressive parts of the film.

BURRAHOBBIT: Duz NE1 else think Orli rulez?????!!!!!

CHILD OF THE 7TH AGE: About the medievalism evident in LOTR, I think I heard somewhere that the fights and stuff were based on - oh, something that was old. Some saga or other. I don't remember the name, but it was Norse and had a bunch of guys killing each other. Eh, who's got the time to read this stuff anyone? Cliff's Notes for me, every time.

KNIGHT OF GONDOR: Aragorn and Arwen slash? Bring it on!

and of course

KALIMAC: To put it in three sentences or less, I think...

That's all I can think of for now. Incidentally, I'm very fond of all you guys [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].