Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 03:40 AM   #10850
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Soriman the Whide has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Soriman the Whide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Oh! I think you've parsed this exactly right, and the lack of an anagram indicator means the two notes come right at the beginning, which makes it ECTHELION. Which does indeed come pretty late in LotR (it's the name of Boromir's granddad.
I'm not sure how obvious this is from the thread, but it's entirely okay to guess the password before we've solves all the clues

hS
Nice one! I completely missed that the letters had to come at the start. Thanks for the background info on him too, I just finished the first book so It won't be too long until i get to Minas Tirith. Thankfully i've already read the silmarillion & The Hobbit so i shouldn't be completely lost with other clues.

I don't know where to start with guessing the password, I see "Pendant" but we need another N.
If you have ideas on what the clues 5, 10, 11 & 16 are hinting at when they reference he/him, I can try to get us some more answers.