View Single Post
Old 07-28-2002, 11:39 AM   #98
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

"So who will kill it?" asked Culloth caustically. "I cannot. He is my brother, and he loves that bird. Well, Elf? Will you do it?" she shot sarcastically at Elwyn. "If you know what is best for my brother, surely you can carry this out."

"I am a healer, Culloth, and not accustomed to killing in cold blood. But I am the only one who can kill the poor beast without causing it pain. And it trusts me." Elwyn whistled, and the hawk flew to her fist. She placed a hand on its breast and muttered "I am sorry, friend hawk." Then she closed her eyes, casting her spirit into the hawk. She could feel it's spirit, burning like a golden fire. But over it was a dark cloud, as if of smoke, black as night. Elwyn cast her red-gold flame like a curtain over this cloud, stifling it and the fire beneath. The bird went stiff in her hands and it's dark eyes clouded.

A single tear fell from Elwyn's eyes onto the creamy white feathers of the bird's breast. "Go swiftly, my friend hawk. Do not look back."