View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 03:31 AM   #53
Eriu Isilondo

Sting

Hello Everyone, I am new here, just heard about you guys from a friend. Ya'll friendly here. I wander around, but I won't go where I am not wanted! Anyway, can I through my two cents in, actually I'll up it to 5......well to tell you the honest truth, I'm rather obessed with Middle-earth now, and it has been going on for only a year, yet at times I feel more at home there than here ::Smile:: And the movie, sparked the book reading. I saw the ad for the movie and I had "heard" of LOTR but not.....paid mind, you know? LIke whispers of it, but I never caught on, til I saw this movie and I went, "Okay, I KNOW the books are better" because.....I was left with SO MANY questions, and I was genuinely interested, so I went and bought myself the HObbit/LOTR pack and I wish I hadn't got Mass Paperback grrr, anyway.... I REALLY enjoyed it, more so than the movie at times, depends on the mood I'm in, to read or view. Now, the movie is great, but the books are greater. I think Tolkien is brilliant, a genius, and his words are like water to this thirsty spirit of mine.
On Tolkienonline.com I even wrote a letter "to" Tolkien, [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] heh heh. Well, I suppose thats all I have to say. Thanks for reading [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The movies are great, but the books are greater......