View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 07:23 AM   #31
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
for the record the aragorn is a tall hobbit thing was a swipe at the "orcs and goblins were originally the same and therefore still are" theory

that is to say hobbits according to the text may have been originally a type of man so since they were once the same race according to orc-goblin logic they still are the same race.(it was a joke i of course was being sarcastic)

Everyone says there is little room for evolution and yet we see some men evolved into hobbits and also orcs(if we are to believe urks are just new versions of them as are goblins) also evolved into different categories. so either they are two different races or they have evolved....which is it?

so the word is interchanged every so often big deal.

It still stands that although they may be of the same race they are different subspecies

this thread by the way is one of the many many places goblin+orc=uruk-hai is mentioned

most notably

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerandir Carnesir
Willie, I agree with you for the most part, but I think goblins and orc were different. The goblins seem to be smaller(at least in the movies) than regular orcs. They were more cave dwellers. But they are very much the same. Saruman made the Uruk-Hai by cross-breeding Orcs and Goblin men. I'm not sure, but how can you get an entire breed of new orcs by using the same breeds to breed them? There's a difference, but I don't think that it's very big.
also more on the line(because youi'll all attack that by sayings its the movie not the book since its PJ's interpretation someone thinks thats what happened)

anyway more on the line is the relative powers list
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Formendacil, -
Elf
Uruk hai
Warg
Human
Dwarf
Orc
Gollum
Goblin
Hobbit
Spider
would you look at that goblins and orcs listed sepretely why would they do that if they're the same race hmmm....

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 04-06-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote