View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #447
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Avarien is apparently an Elvish woman Helen dreamed up who, as the name suggests, was "Unwilling, a Refuser". She refused to go over the Sea with Amroth and his kindred; so unlike Nimrodel, who wanted to but tragedy overcame her desire, Avarien is one who refused to go
yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
and may have hindered Nimrodel. So the sense from Helen, I believe, is that Avarien is guilty of having hindered Nimrodel from following Amroth, and is now very sorry for it, and is now willing to make amends in whatever way she can.
You put it better than I thought it...
Quote:
I don't know if Avarien's féa is in Mellonin after years spent in the Halls of Mandos, or not. I'm not sure Helen had that worked out.
True, I haven't

Quote:
That Helen posted tells me that she still cares about it enough to follow it if she can't find time to post. That she made no comment to accompany her post tells me that she really is short of time. No wonder, with a family that has doubled in size (from just the two of them to 4, the additions being 2 very, very active young Russian boys who keep them very busy).

That Helen posted at all, and without comment, suggests to me that she is willing to let us make decisions we deem appropriate in order to write the story the best way we know how, in order to achieve the ultimate plot goal.
I'm kind of guest-posting... thinking that it seems to be moving slowly enough that I can drizzle in once or twice a week? I hope?

Quote:
Only that if you can think up some deviously evil thing that Tharonwë might do to hinder, injure, maim, or otherwise be nasty, to various and sundry members of the party, be my guest, because so far I haven't thought of anything.
Creepy danged dark-elf... brrr.

Regarding Ravion leaving-- oy! FOr how long? Mellonin will sink again without him. Ain't love grand.