Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 12:27 PM   #3117
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
Perhaps the setter is Huan, he drops a note (a) and to get HORNBURG we need ORBRG.

No tree though. Couldn't get Huorn to work as well as Huan. And GB not same as two Englands.

(Awaits inevitable sardonic slicing of the Squatter).
I've been playing around with Helm's Deep, on the premise that elm is a tree, there are a couple letters that could be used as notes, and maybe double E in deep is two Englands. But even if you stretch it this way, there are still extra bits. And no setter.

Setter - what's a setter? Just a dog? Someone who sets? Who or what is known for setting something? It makes no sense right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
By any chance, is 10 simply the North-South Road? Or is that a trap for heffalumps?
This is absolutely brilliant. The clue is good too, deceptively simple but with more logic to it than I've initially thought.