View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 05:29 PM   #275
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Hobbits at Heart

I met the fabulous Lyta Underhill and her husband, the Witchking of Angmar, on Sunday in Tennessee. I really enjoyed meeting with them both and I had a wonderful time. I recognized her immediately as she was the only other hobbit in the swarm of orcs at the local Elf-Mart. We talked for a while and, in typical hobbit fashion, shared a few wafers of lembas (sold under trade name of 'Snickerdoodles'), before the Witchking took our photos.

We then travelled to a local cemetary, where we walked about 3 miles (while the Witchking parked under a tree and napped). We were able to spend about 4 hours together, and I don't think we stopped talking the whole time. It was almost scary how much we had in common, not least of which is our mutual Frodo obsession. It was such a pleasure to spend face-to-face time with another LotR geek. We hope to be able to get together again the next time I'm in Tennessee. Definitely as much fun as both Merry & Pippin with two pints in them!!