View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #74
FlimFlamSam
Pile O'Bones

FlimFlamSam has just left Hobbiton.
Galin spoke: [Quoted just to make it clear that you, not me, are the author of these words.]
So, you missed the "Galin spoke" part? There was a "Durelin spoke" as well first.

Galin spoke: [In the future I would appreciate it -- if you choose to quote me for some reason -- that you do so with more distinction than simply putting my words in italic script (directly followed by your response without much of a break).]
Multi-quoting. Just like in this post.
Nothing in the FAQ about quoting regulations.

Galin spoke: [Especially if you continue to respond in this manner.]
Yeppers.

Nerwen spoke: [Um... is this intentional trolling, or do you really not realise how absurdyou sound?]
Absurd? Nope. Trolling? Nope.

Nerwen spoke: [Come, on, Mr Flim Flam, 'fess up!]
I really just don't like it. I've spent nearly 30 years now wasting my time reading all the other books with meticulous care as they came out and have come to now LOATH The Silmarillion and attached materials in all forms except what is breifly alluded to in Lord of the Rings, and even then it's a stretch for me, simply due to past exposure to the other books.
Guilt by association, as it were.

Nerwen spoke: [And don't heap ridiculous verbal abuse on a long-dead author for having failed somehow to arrange all his creative efforts around you.]
It's called criticism.

Nerwen spoke: [Of course you're entitled not to like it, and to say so– but the way in you've expressed your opinion leaves much to be desired.]
I did say so. And your opinion was to say "absurd" and "ridiculous".
Something you are also "entitled" to say. See how that works?

I even gave a summary.
"In a nut-shell, without my bias; The Silmarillion was never finished because Mr. Tolkien never really wanted to finish it, and it shows when reading it."

Last edited by FlimFlamSam; 08-04-2011 at 09:51 AM.
FlimFlamSam is offline   Reply With Quote