View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #34
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Well, at least he showed the courage to actually fight him. You will notice that this particular feat alone shows the vast change that Pippin has made since going on his adventures with Frodo. I think we can give him some credit here, after all he was still in his "tweens".
But the whole time he was belly-aching and only wanted to be there to prove how courageous he supposedly was when in face he was a coward. He did not rush off to meet them, don't think of the movie, he waited and the only thing he did was hold up his sword and poach the kill that Aragorn was getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Let's see here, Pippin has always been an adorable character to me (my little brother is just like him) and although he can be foolish, he can, at times, be very resourceful. After all I credit the escape of Merry and Pippin from the Uruk-Hai chiefly to Pippin: it was he who dropped his elven brooch for the Three Hunters to find and it was he who first cut his bonds off with the edge of a sword.
What an idiot Pippin was! To drop such a gift is wholly irresponsibly and shows the lack of sense. If he only understood what great trackers both Aragorn and Legolas were he would have known that there was no need to drop such a gift. Also, think of the litter factor, it is well documented that Pippin is the first litterer in all of Middle-earth. Up until then nobody even thought of littering...you should have seen the rubbish heaps that formed in Hobbiton after word of this dead was relayed to them by Pippin...he caused an epidemic himself.

You, sir, are a dwarf hater and only voted Pippin because Mim is a dwarf.

Incidentally I believe the voting for Pippin and Mim is over and Pippin is off to the gallows but I cannot resist a good rip at the old Pippin.