Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 06:01 PM   #150
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Blushing with pleasure at how nice the lady was to them, Elena gazed around at the pretty dolls. They were fancier than Della, and some of them seemed quite intimidating, almost. Like dolls that were really great ladies and didn’t want to be owned by an ordinary little girl.

Elena sighed quietly, glancing beneath her lashes at Fiona. She would like a new doll, but Fiona’s friendship was more important. If Fiona thought she was a silly baby then she would not take a doll. Luckily Fiona was examining little carved animals standing on a shelf.
“Look!” she said, turning to Elena and showing one of them “here’s a horse like the Elf’s one.”

With a smile Elena turned back to the dolls. In between all the big, fancy ones she saw a small doll only the length of her hand with dark red hair and a forest green dress. It had been carved just like Della had. Picking it up wonderingly Elena wondered who had done it and for which little girl. The hair which had been stuck on seemed to be human. Perhaps it had been from the little girl herself? Or maybe a fairy. It looked like a fairy from the trees, she thought happily. The hair was like Fiona’s hair too, such a lovely colour.

“She is pretty”
Elena turned and stared at Fiona in surprise. She smiled embarrassedly.
“Well she is”

Elena grinned back.
“That’s nice too” she said, reaching out her hand for Fiona’s little animal. It was a squirrel just like Porridge, all the hairs in its brush carved beautifully.
“I wonder if the same person carved them?” she wondered aloud, then blushed. She never wondered aloud, always in her head.

“Perhaps” Fiona answered. “I think my squirrel wants to play in the trees. Do you want to come?”
“Yes” Elena answered happily. The tentatively she said “I think my doll comes from the forest too. She might be-“
“A tree sprite!” Fiona interrupted. “Like in Mama’s stories. She looks like it.”

“She does” Elena agreed. “Race you outside” she said boldly, feeling very happy all of a sudden, then started running through the big house. Fiona was fast and she caught up quickly. As they passed the nice man and the lady, Elena waved.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link