View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 12:18 AM   #120
KingCarlton
Wight

KingCarlton has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Where the heck was this thread hiding for so long....man, I almost started another one.
Let's see now, ever since I could read by myself (around the first grade)I have been reading comic books and fairy tales.
Enid Blyton's books fascinated me very much in those early innocent years and I loved to read about Superman leaping tall buildings etc.
I went on to read The Chronicles of Narnia as I grew older and then got a hold of Tolkien's works at the age of 12.

These are the authors that are my all time favourites( including the ones previously mentioned), in no particular order.

Arthur C Doyle
Robert E Howard
Edgar R Burroughs
Edgar Allen Poe
H.G.Wells
G. Rider Haggard
Isaac Asimov
Arthur C Clarke
Michael Crichton
Robert E Michener
George Orwell
Jerome K Jerome
John Byrne
Richard and Wendy Pini
George Lucas

And I still read comics to this day, in fact I have a huge collection.

Cheers !
Know ye People, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, And the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.

Hither came Carlton, the King, black haired, bronze hued, mightily thewed, sullen eyed. Sword in hand, a warrior, a destroyer, a conqueror. With gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jewelled thrones of the Earth, under his sandalled feet.
KingCarlton is offline   Reply With Quote