View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Admin. thread for WW XXXX - The scouring of the Shire, vol.2

Sign in closed!

The game starts with Night1: wed 28.11. 9PM GMT

Confirmed players (19):

Thinlómien - Lommy Baggins
Legate of Amon Lanc - Legate Sackville-Baggins
Aganzir - Agan Sackville-Baggins
Meneltarmacil - Lupo Furryface
Volo - Justy Proudfoot
Macalaure - Mac Sandyman
The Might - Might of Greenholm
Mormegil - Mormegil Harrybelly
Feanor of the Peredhil - Belladonna Briarpatch
Brinniel - Brinn Burrows
Satansaloser2005 - Sally Shortbrush
Farael - Farael Twofoot
A Little Green - Lilla Greenhand
Nerwen - Nerwen Hornblower
Valier - Vallen FurryFoot
Kath - Kath Woodyend
Rikae - Rikae Took
Shastanis Althreduin - Shasta of the River
Kuruharan - Kuru Shrewthwacker

Let's start the discussion then.

What I have in mind is a classical game ergo a village of about 15 players with three werewolves and three gifteds (a seer, a ranger, a hunter). I'm also ready to make it even more simple by leaving the gifteds - or some of them - out from the game. This should be discussed. I have myself played at least once in a game where there were only the villagers and the wolves and it was pretty tense as well as entertaining. Surely that kind of game requires a lot of concentration from the villagers as they can't rely on the gifteds to aid them.

If I'm going to write the narrations on time the deadline needs to be something late PM GMT (my evening / I'm in +2 GMT) for then I'm most likely home and can take the time. I propose 9PM GMT but will settle to something in between 6-10 PM GMT if there clearly are advantages for some people that way.

I have no special time constraints in the near horizon so I'm ready to start as soon as we have enough people in.

Having a classical game will also mean that there are no retractable votes. If there are around 15 players or more I will allow double lynches but not with a small village.

This will not be an RPG-game. Still I would ask you to come up with at least a hobbit surname for narrational purposes - you may also give an occupation but that's by no means required. It's up to you then whether you'd like to use those things in the Day1 banter as aids to getting started.

The game's events take place ten years after the scouring of the Shire (vol.1 aka. the arrival of the Travellers in the LotR) so you may use any hobbit names; those from the actual book or ones you invent yourself. In case you wish you may also use the name of someone of the more renowned hobbits if they still lived in the Shire 10 years from the original scouring (no Frodo, sorry guys).

The game thread with the introductory narration will be available pretty soon... A full list of rules will be posted to the beginning of the game thread as well.

Last edited by Nogrod; 11-28-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote