View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #21
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Really not so true these days since they are required to act rather than just stand and deliver
Fair enough. I was just trying to disprove Boro's point about Bombur's size leading to his incapability to breathe well enough to play a wind instrument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigūr View Post
Is it worth mentioning, however, the notion in the 1960 Hobbit that Bombur and his brother and cousin were Thorin's "attendants"? I've always had the impression that these three who were not of Durin's Line (and therefore seemingly a bit more "common" and "working class" than the majority of the company) were potentially present in something of a more professional capacity.
You're quite right - Bifur, Bofur and Bombur were descended from the dwarves of Moria. I wasn't aware of that addition before - do you have the exact quote anywhere? Also, as I believe Squatter mentioned, he and Bifur (and Thorin) were the only dwarves who managed to fight the trolls even a little bit, and he also caused some damage to the spider that tried to eat him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendė View Post
I now have some unsavoury ideas of things to do with Lego and davem's stop-motion film camera android app thingie...
Please. Do.